Thursday, July 21, 2011

IMS #204 - Your Lawyer Called, Now What? - July 21 2011

Internet Marketing Secrets
IMS #204 - July 21 2011
Your Lawyer Called, Now What?

Peter,

In this Edition of IMS:
* Ultimate Heatmap Update
* Goobert Goes Underground
* Your Lawyer Called, Now What?


- - - - -

Ultimate Heatmap Update

I've received dozens of email, asking when
our Wordpress theme is going to be ready.
Here is a 'catch all' reply from the blog,
that I hope will explain what we're up to.

"We've had to be very patient with
software developers. We have a vision of
what we're trying to achieve. Rather than
just be a series of CSS templates, we are
creating an entire advertising and testing
platform built around WordPress."

"To speed up the process, Amit Savyon
and I have brought Mike Marshall on board.
He's widely known as one of the best SEO
teachers / technicians in the world today,
but he's also an amazing programmer.
So with his help, I'm hoping that our
software will be ready to 'roll out to the
beta testers' within a few weeks."

Read about Mike's SEO software here:
PRO SEO: http://www.seosoftwaretrio.com

In sum, yes... I'm totally focused and
committed to getting this project shipped.
You can keep updated on current
developments here on the UHM blog.

UHM Blog: http://www.UltimateHeatmap.com

- - - - -

Goobert Goes Underground

I've quietly removed Goobert, the original
conversational marketing method, off the
market. Not because it doesn't work.
On the contrary, it works better than
ever, even out performing my SEO efforts,
in terms of traffic. (Skeptics can listen to
the audiobook "The Thank You Economy"
by Gary Vaynerchuk.)

I pulled it off the market because, it's a
beginner to intermediate product. With
newbies, there's a ship load of questions.
And because of my commitment to the
Ultimate Heatmap project, and coaching
my private site members, time is the one
thing, I don't have any more of.

If you want Goobert, you can still get it
when you become a Dynamic Media member.
It sweetens the pot to over 30,000 dollars
worth of training materials inside. Just
about everything you'll need to know about
internet marketing - including Goobert -
is waiting for you to come pick it up.

Get Goobert and 30K Worth of Bonuses
Click: http://www.dynamicmedia.com

Plus, once you become a lifetime member,
you can hire me for coaching by email, for
as little as 30 dollars per question. Come
visit Dynamic Media to find out how.

- - - - -

Your Lawyer Called

Your lawyer called. Three little words
that strike terror into the hearts of men.
That's was the message waiting for me
when I got home.

And it wasn't the inexpensive corporate
lawyer. It was intellectual properties
lawyer. Every time I talk to this dude,
it costs 500 bucks.

Last time, some chump tried to take a run
at me, for work that I'd done years ago.
Then just before the statute of limitations
ran out, they decided to take legal action.

Thank goodness for the "Printing Trade
Customs." It protects graphic designers,
typesetters and print shops from many
types of legal action.

It's up to the client to proof the work.
They approve it, when they sign off on
it. The client can't take a run at the
designer after the fact, for things like
typographical errors.

But... it still cost 500 bucks, for my
lawyer to write the old client a letter,
telling them to back off, or else.
(Which they did immediately.)

This time, the call from my lawyer was
different. He asked if I had an updated
terms and conditions and privacy policy,
because there isn't any "printing trade
customs" protecting my websites.

My first thought was... crap... now what?
Is some bonehead suing me from half way
round the world?

I wish I hadn't procrastinated about
getting the legal pages up, thinking that
being Canadian, I was somehow safe. But I
know in my heart I'm really not, because
my legal page was horribly out of date.

Google requires an updated privacy policy.
So does Clickbank and most other affiliate
programs. Even if you are Canadian,
Australian, British, European, etc, if you
sell to Americans you must have a properly
worded, updated, terms and conditions, and
privacy policy in place.

It turns out, that the call from my lawyer
was a false alarm. I had emailed him a
year ago about drafting up new legal
pages. The estimate came in at just under
10 grand, so I never acted on it.

When I asked about the nature of this
"courtesy call" he didn't give much in
the way of specifics. He just said that,
"I had better act soon, like today, and
get those legal pages up."

It seems as though the government and
corporate powers that be, "Have been going
through the internet, one site at time,
catching all those guilty of various TOS
(terms of service) violations. And they're
not just going after Americans, they're
going after everyone."

"It doesn't matter where you live, or
where your website is based. The 'grace
period' is over. It's just a matter of
time before your website gets reviewed.
You could get banned from Google, Amazon,
Clickbank, fined by the FTC, or worse."

My lawyer continued to say that, "Someone
could sue you from half way round the
world. Without those legal pages in place,
you haven't limited your liability. You
have to go to their courts, in their city,
with your legal team."

So as I sat there speechless, he added one
last blast, "In other words, it's going to
cost you a lot more than 10,000 bucks."

The first thing I did when I got off the
phone, was to clear my schedule. I
immediately fired up the Legal Forms
Generator (which I bought months ago and
totally forgot about). Within 20 minutes I
had 11 legal documents up on my site.

I don't know why I had been putting it
off. It was so easy to do. It took a phone
call from my lawyer, to scare the crap out
of me, and motivate me to get it done.

So now I can rest easy. The legal pages
are up. (I pasted all 11 documents into
a single page to conserve link juice.)

See: http://www.dynamicmedia.com/terms/

I've limited my liability to 100 dollars.
If you don't agree to my terms, you can't
use my website.

If anyone wants to sue me, they have
to come to my town. My privacy policy
explains what info is collected and how I
use cookies.

I have an earnings disclaimer that
includes testimonials. A compensation
disclosure for my affiliate marketing.
Heck, even a Health Disclaimer, as I often
talk about diet and exercise.

So as you can see. I've covered my assets.

The last thing you want is "that" knock on
the door. To be handed a summons, a claims
form, or legal letter from a lawyer, just
because you failed to put legal pages on
your site.

The court can sieze assets like your home
and car. Sometimes immediately and without
notice. Even if you're a corporation, or
LLC, they could freeze and take away all
your business assets.

Now... I'm NOT a lawyer, but the legal
documents on my site were written by one.
And it didn't cost anything near the 10K I
was quoted.

Don't wait for that knock on the door.
Protect yourself now.

I used the Legal Forms Generator. Within
20 minutes I was done. Isn't peace of mind
worth 20 minutes of your time? It was for
me. I hope it will be for you, too.

Get the Legal Forms Generator here:
Click: http://www.dynamicmedia.com/legal

Wishing you all the best for "peace of
mind" and success,

Michael


Michael Campbell, CEO
Dynamic Media Corporation
Phone: +1 (360) 450-5880
Email: askmichael@mac.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmcorp

Copyright 2011 Dynamic Media Corporation
Terms: http://www.dynamicmedia.com/terms/
141-6200
MCKAY AVE, UNIT 663
BURNABY BC CANADA V5H 4M9

This newsletter does not contain legal
advice. It's the story of what happened
to me and the steps I took to fix it.
If you want legal advice, please talk
with your lawyer.

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jEwcLJy0LBycLJyMbOy0RrSMDKyM7CwszA==

No comments:

Post a Comment